Friday, September 18, 2015

Thursday Movie Picks #62: Journalists/Reporters for Print/TV

Thursday Movie Picks #62: Journalists/Reporters for Print/TV

This week over at Wandering Through the Shelves the topic is about Journalists or Reporters.  So here are my 3 picks.

I first thought when saw it was Never Been Kissed,  the movie where Drew Barrymore is a sent back to school to do a report on kids in high school.  Its an alright movie, the one thing that bothers me with it is that here brother played by David Arquette also somehow gets to come back to school, it's been awhile since I saw it, but thinking about it now, not sure how he was able to pull that off.

Just One of the Guys was the other movie I thought of right away.  The main character Terri who is a girl writes a paper she hopes to have published in the city paper for a internship, but is passed over by a guy and she thinks she lost because the teacher is sexist.  So she reinvents herself into a guy and changes schools to try and win the internship with her paper she has written.

Not sure if totally falls within the rules, since she doesn't actually work for the newpaper yet, but that is her goal.

The last pick is Anchorman.  He has a full news team of reporters.  This movie is hilarious.  See it if you haven't.  Don't let the bad squeal affect your viewing of this one.




9 comments:

  1. Yesss Anchorman! I love that movie so much, it's still so quotable, even today. Never Been Kissed is a great one too. I haven't seen your second pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one of the Guys is one of those movies that growing up was always playing on HBO when I was younger, and just one of those movies that is a decent time waster to sit and watch and keep you entertained.

      Delete
  2. Fun choices. Never Been Kissed is an absurd premise because not a single member of the cast is believable as a high schooler but Drew is so charming in it that she carries it off.

    It's been quite a while since I've seen Just One of the Guys, I remember it as being equally absurd but still a pleasant time passer.

    I put off watching Anchorman for a long time because I don't like Will Ferrell but it was recommended it to me over and over again so I finally did and while I didn't love it it was much better than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Never Been Kissed and Just One of the Guys have absurb premises but both are really good.

      Delete
    2. Not sure if you meant that the cast all looked too old as highschoolers but I do think some of the actresses playing the teen girl characters in the movie were actually high school age in real life.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Wow!!! I love where you went here. I actually picked Just One of the Guys for teen comedy week. Never Been Kissed is so good. And Anchorman is in another league as far as modern comedies go. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, could have went a few different ways, but Never Been Kissed was the first movie I thought off so went and picked the comedies I enjoyed that featured jouralists and reporters.

      Delete
  4. I usually like Will Farrell but I just couldn't get into this movie at all. I enjoyed Never Been Kissed even though they do not look like teens at all. I have not seen the 2nd movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will Ferrell came be hard to watch in some movies, but I enjoyed him here. The second Anchorman was nowhere near the first one in my opinion, so if you didn't like the first, but bet you'd would hate the second.

      Delete