Friday, September 11, 2015

Thursday Movie Picks #61: Train Movies

I stumbled upon the blog Wandering Through the Shelves who each Thurday post a topic to list 3 movies on, granted this week I am a little late to the party as it is Friday now, but thought I would like to particpate.  So here are my 3 movies that take place on a train.






3. Mission Impossible
Finding a third choice I have seen was hard, I know that Mission Impossible doesn't fully take place on a train, but one is featured in it.

2. Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
First he was a on ship, now on a train, Steven Seagal in Under Seige 2.  This is my second pick, good old Casey Ryback is back on a trip with his neice when the bad guys take over the train and he has to fight back and save his niece.




1.  Money Train
Wesley Snipes is one of my favorite actors, add in Woody Harelson and Jennifer Lopez and you have a great movie.  Although is this a train movie?  Or a subway movie?  I'm going with train since it is in the title.  Woody Harelson and Wesley Snipes are foster brothers and partners.  Robert Blake is the guy who cares more about his money then other people and Woody needs money so he wants to steal the Money Train and Wesley wants to get him out of trouble.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting picks. I hate what Tom Cruise and his crew have done to the Mission Impossible series taking it from the cleverness of the original TV show to a series of stunts but I do remember that train scene in the first, mostly because of Vanessa Redgrave basically wiping the floor with Cruise.

    I preferred the first Under Siege, the best of the Seagal movies-not a high bar admittedly, but this one was an enjoyable watch.

    I haven't seen Money Train, I've heard of it but haven't quite gotten around to it. Have to add it to my list.

    I think the subway would count as a train. I considered the Taking of Pelham One Two Three when I was making my list which is all about taking a subway train hostage, it's a terrific film if you haven't seen it-there is a remake with Denzel Washington which isn't bad but the original 70's version with Walter Matthau is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first 3 Mission Impossible movies, I never saw the tv show to compare it too. Still need to see the last 2 movies in the series. although don't remember a lot about the third one, so may need to rewatch that one here soon.

      I agree out of the Steven Seagal movies, Under Siege is his best. This second Under Siege is probably his second best, although haven't seen a lot of his recent straight to dvd stuff, but considering they are straight to dvd, I wouldn't expect them to be great. Although I do want to check out Force of Execution with Seagal, Danny Trejo and Ving Rhames

      I have seen the remake Taking of Pelham One Two Three and almost put it on the list, but thought I would only include one subway movie. I still need to check out the original.

      Thanks for checking out my list. I appreciate the comments.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Glad to have you join in. You can link up anytime within the week, but it is usually best to do on Thursday, that's when most people check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the MI movies even though they are just basic action flicks. I have not seen Under Siege 2 because it stars Steven Seagal and, well, that says it. I have heard of the last one but never did see it yet...sounds like it would be good to watch

    ReplyDelete