Thursday, September 10, 2015

First Post

Welcome to my blog.  I am a big fan of movies, have a large movie collection.  I am not sure exactly how this blog will turn out, just going to see where it goes.  I unfortunately don't get to watch as many movies as I used to before I got married and we had a child.  Hopefully this will help motivate me to get more of the movies I want to see watched.  Before I got married I use to watch a lot of movies.  I have kept track of everything I have watched since 2003, so to give you an idea of how my movie watching is now compared to what it used to be, here is the numbers for each year...

2003 - 333
2004 - 521
2005 - 344
2006 - 502
2007 - 192
2008 - 229
2009 - 431
2010 - 80
2011 - 58
2012 - 33
2013 - 43
2014 - 58
2015 - 29 so far this year

So as you can see I met my wife in January of 2010 and she isn't as big of a movie watcher as me, she prefers tv shows. We have watched every season of the Office and the first nine seasons of Criminal Minds, a few seasons of CSI and some of the reality shows.  Currently we are working on Girl Meets World on Netlfix.

Kinda funny looking at the older numbers as my last serious ex-girlfriend from before I got married was in 2007/2008 time frame and the 2005 is when I started my current job and stayed working at my old job on the weekends till my probation was up, so that explains why those years are a little less, but nothing like the nose dive in 2010.

So anyway hopefully I can start watching at least a movie a day again or a few week like I used to as I know there are quite a few great movies I have missed out on over the last 5 years or so.

So hopefully you can join me and maybe share some of the movies I may have missed over the last few years.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm happy to see a new face/blog around :)
    Just out of sheer curiosity - how do you keep track of all the movies you've watched?
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the DVD Profiler program and it lets you mark movies as watched in your collection. So whenever I watch one, I go mark it as watched.

    ReplyDelete